tirsdag 3. november 2009

A global village?



A global village?


In my previous summer-vacation I and my best friend travelled a lot. We’ve been in two places: Commonwealth of Australia and Republic of Ireland. We loved being in both places, and I really don’t know which country I’ll start telling about... Well, I just have to pick one. Hmmm... Let’s see.... I’ll start with Ireland!


Republic of Ireland:


Ireland is a beautiful country, which lays between the Irish Sea to the east and Northern Ireland to the north east. It is the third biggest island in Europe! And it’s really hard to understand what people are saying to you, but after a while you’ll get used to it.

The first stop we made in
Ireland was Dublin City. It was quite “tight” when we walked down the beautiful streets, made of old stone form way back in time. One of the reasons has to be that Dublin City contains of more than 1.1 million people! Later that day we went fishing in “Castlewellan Lake”, a beauty of a lake located in Castlewellan, Down. We made a campfire with twigs and pins, cleaned the fish we caught, and ate it with a bit of salt and pepper on top. Yummy!!

The second day we went on an
Irish pub, named “Headsmen”. They were showing a rugby-game, something that’s apparently popular in Ireland. We sat down and we both drank two big glasses of Guinness dark beer, and ate a wheaten slice of soda bread, a very traditional “meal” in Ireland. After the game we went back to our hotel, to pack our stuff and fix our luggage. Next stop; Australia!


Commonwealth of Australia:

Australia... What can I say? Kangaroos and boomerangs... It’s a big country in the Southern Hemisphere, lying south of Indonesia and east of the Pacific Ocean.

When we came out of the plane in Sydney, we realised how hot it was there, compared to Ireland. We changed to a more appropriate outfit and went outside the airport to find a cab. The cab drove us to the hotel we had rent for two days.

The next day we went to Adelaide Arcade, a huge shopping centre located in Adelaide. We shopped for about 300
Australian dollars (AUD) each! We bought much clothes like sweaters, t-shirts, undies, jeans and so on. We stayed there for like five hours or so, and we didn’t get annoyed at all!

The last day wasn’t much of a “cake” if you could say so... (You can’t say so...
J ). I’ll guess I can say that it was boring. Reason: we had to visit my grandmother and grandfather, and... Yeah.... The rest you can imagine yourself how it was:
“Want coffee”? – No
“Want cake”? – NO
“Want sugar in your coffee”? – NO! And so on....

I’ve had a very, very fine week travelling to known and unknown places, and I’m sure my friend thinks so too!

©RM

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar